- We’ve just released two great new features as part of our pricing update.
- Most exciting is the fact that you can now send Newsletters (blast emails) in Vero, consolidating your email marketing and helping you work faster.
- Our new Segments feature allows you to name groups of filters, such as ‘Paying customers’ or ‘Loyal shoppers’. You can use these segments to send newsletters or as filters for Vero’s usual automated, trigger-based campaigns.
Let’s dive into the new features and share how they’ll help you improve your email marketing.
Sending emails that drive conversions is not just about sending automated campaigns: it’s about testing as many ideas as possible and sending the right email at the right time.
Vero’s Newsletters feature gives you the power to send an email to one or multiple segments of customers right now or at a scheduled point in the time in the future.
Since launching the first release of this feature months ago we’ve had individual customers sending tens of millions of emails per month: the feature has been a real hit.
Some reasons you should jump into Vero’s newsletters as opposed to keeping your traditional mail provider (MailChimp, AWeber, etc.):
- Simple targeting. You can email “All users” minus “Paying Customers” for example, without having to merge or export lists. Use the data you already have in Vero to send newsletters instantly.
- Central management. Using one tool always makes life simpler. Managing templates and customer profiles in a single place is a massive boost for your productivity.
- Save money. Using one tool will save you money, not to mention time that would otherwise be lost.
In the screenshot below you can see how easy it is to select the segments you want to email based on the data you’re already tracking in Vero:
Our newsletters are available to all current and new customers on our new plans.
You can now save groups of filters as Segments. A segment is a dynamic list of customers. Common examples include ‘Paying customers’, ‘Regular shoppers’, ‘Free trial users’, ‘European customers’ and so on. There are so many things you can do here.
The beauty of segments is that you can see the number of people in an individual segment (a total count) as well as view a detailed list of these customers. Segments are always up to date, in realtime, so you don’t have to add or remove people from a static list. It’s all handled automatically.
Once you have segments setup you can use them to send newsletters: combining or subtracting segments to target exactly who you want to.
In the screenshot below you can see how easy it is to add filters and create a segment such as ‘Paying customers’. This segment will be consistently up to date and can be used to create automated campaigns and newsletters.
You can also use them as filters for event-triggered automated campaigns that you might have setup. For example you could create a campaign to send an email 14 days after a customer Signs up if they are not in the segment Paying Customers that reminds them their trial is about to end.
Segments are only going to get bigger and better as we add more filters. The goal is to make managing your campaigns as simple as possible whilst giving you the power to report on a per-segment basis and better understand the impact of each campaign individual email you send.
A couple of months ago we posted about increasing our pricing in light of what we’ve learnt over the last year running Vero.
Last week we put live new pricing on our marketing site and things have been going well. Based on your feedback we came up with pricing that is:
- Still based on volume, not subscribers. There was resounding feedback that per emails sent was simpler to understand and easier to manage than per subscribers in the database. Rather than having to worry about how many ‘active’ subscribers you have or whether you should add someone to your Vero database that you may only ever email once we’ve gone with the approach of volume-based ‘thresholds’ like other great SaaS companies such as Visual Website Optimizer, Unbounce and more.
- More expensive than it was. Nearly everyone who provided feedback said the same thing: raise your prices! This was very encouraging to hear. Our prices have gone up but, compared to incumbents, competitors and the ROI, we still believe Vero is massive bang for your buck. The feedback so far has been the same.
If you’re a current Vero customer then you are grandfathered into our current plans with the great tools you’ve come to use every day (note that you can even upgrade and downgrade between the current plans). You won’t experience any change in service in relation to the features of Vero you’ve always loved and you’ll get the same great support and product improvements you’re used to.
If you are a current customer and want to start using the new Newsletters and Segments features then upgrading to our new plans is a simple one-click upgrade. By improving our pricing we are able to achieve three things:
- Better and faster support. We do pretty well already but imagine if we wrote back to you twice as fast!
- An improved product that is faster and easier to work with. We want you to get in, get out and make more money with Vero as quickly as possible.
- Reliability. Infrastructure can always be improved for speed and redundancy and we’re constantly tweaking Vero as we grow.
We’ve changed our prices to truly reflect the lessons we’ve learned around costs and the value Vero provides. We look forward to making Vero even more awesome in the future!
The full new prices are:
- $99/month for up to 12,500 emails per month
- $149/month for 50,000 emails per month
- $299/month for 150,000 emails per month
- $549/month for 400,000 emails per month
- $1099/month for up to 1 million emails per month
- $1799/month for up to 2.5 million emails per month
- $2999/month for up to 6 million emails per month