This is our third monthly blog report. You can read the others here:
The Numbers (on the blog subdomain)
- Pageviews: 69,184 (+6.57%)
- Average time on site: 3:21 (+7.6%)
- Bounce rate: 80.13% (+0.67%)
- Organic search visits: 17,506 (+11.76%)
- New email subscribers: 673
We bumped into an issue with Google Tag Manager that result in five days of missing data. Our guides, which live in the /guides folder, weren’t track by Google Analytics at all.
I (conservatively) estimate that we missed 5,731 pageviews, bringing the likely total to around 74,915. For the purposes of our reporting, I’m only using the data in Google Analytics.
A big thanks to Casey Armstrong for helping us diagnose the issue.
Organic traffic is still growing but we fell short of our 15% MoM goal.
- Why 2015 Is So Exciting for Vero
- The February 2015 Blog Report
- 5 Things We Learned Analyzing 100 Million+ Emails
- What’s the Best Day of the Week to Send Emails?
- How to Design Email Landing Pages That Convert
- How to Use a Giveaway to Get 2,239 Email Subscribers in 10 Days
- 26 Email Marketing Tips from the World’s Smartest Companies
- How to Integrate Vero and SumoMe
- 6 Creative Ways to Integrate Social Media and Email Marketing
- 10 Counterintuitive Lessons We’ve Learned About Email Marketing
Top performing content:
Have you tried Vero?Tools to help you design, automate and coordinate the messages you send your customers, whether you have 1 or 10 million. Find out more
- 20 Tips for Dramatically Better Emails (6,346 pageviews)
- 5 Things We Learned Analyzing 100 Million+ Emails (6,327 pageviews)
- TripAdvisor’s Unfair Email Marketing Advantage (3,833 pageviews)
- The Ultimate Lifecycle Email Marketing Guide (3,678 pageviews)
- 21 Welcome Emails to Inspire Your Lifecycle Marketing (2,537 pageviews)
A few highlights:
Nichole Elizabeth DeMere included us in her post 8 Great Marketing Blogs You Probably Don’t Follow (But Should) on the Hubspot blog. That sent a nice surge of traffic to the homepage and resulted in some new subscribers. Thanks Nichole!
We made our first appearance on the Buffer blog this month. Our post 6 Creative Ways to Integrate Social Media and Email Marketing was well-received and the team at Buffer was kind enough to let us re-publish on the Vero blog.
We also had our first contributed piece published on Entrepreneur.com. The post, 4 Revolutionary Behavioral Email Marketing Ideas, has been shared more than 2,500 times and continues to drive traffic back to the blog.
What Worked, What Flopped
We don’t often pull data from our own database for content marketing. This month, however, we published a smash hit based on 100 million emails Vero customers have actually sent. The result was a ton of original data and a lot of interest from the email marketing community.
The feedback was great and we’ll definitely plan to do this again in the future.
On Tap for Next Month
We have lots of good things in the pipeline for April. For starters, we creating a second edition of our very popular list of great marketing blogs. Keep an eye our for that in the next week or so. I guarantee it contains some amazing blogs you’ve never heard of.
We’re also adding lots of content to our product site. This is already in the works. If you’re interested in Vero, check out our product tour and knowledge base. Much more coming here in the next few weeks.